Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: Black Radiance Lipstick - JustJasmine24



Black Radiance Lipstick



Hey ladies! I wanted to share with you this brand called Black Radiance. I picked up these lipsticks at Duane Reade & I always pass by these, I guess because of they looked kind of cheap or weren't going to be good. But. . . I told myself " ayye what the heck?" let me try them out. I picked up three different shades & they were only $1.99 each which is pretty good I know it wouldn't hurt my wallet to get three. 

Taken with No Flash

Shade: 5042A

Shade: 5042A
Shade: 5117
Shade 5117
Shade: Reggae Red
Shade: Reggae Red

 
No Flash


With Flash (Left to Right: 5042A, 5117, Reggae Red)



Pros:
Formula: The lipsticks look like they would be matte finish, but they're pretty creamy, glides on the lips easily and moisturizing on the lips ( the texture reminds me a lot of the WnW fergie lipsticks )
Pigmentation: For a drugstore brand, they're highly pigmented on the lips
Color selection: Tons of color shades to choose from starting from pinks,to reds, to purples, to browns & Dark wine shades
Price: Very affordable; Depends where you're buying it from they can go from $1.99-$3.00
Power lasting: Last up to 4-5hrs, they do leave a small stain depending on the lipstick shade

Cons:
Packaging: I am not a fond of the packaging. The lipstick doesn't retract all the way when you're twisting it down so that can be a problem when you are putting the cap back on. It looks & feels really cheap. I wish they would dress the lipstick package a little better. Last but not least, the lipstick grinds against the tube. (as you can see in the second lipstick it looks grind-ed up to the tube) 
Names of the lipsticks: It's hard to give out the name of the lipstick when it's mostly in numbers and letters. It's not something that can be easily remembered. I like lipsticks that are named not by numbers (in my opinion)

Overall, in my opinion they aren't that bad for a drugstore brand. I like the pigmentation, I like the shades & they are great for any skin types, not just for women of color. I just wish they would dress the packaging a whole lot better and maybe a lot more people will buy these lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment